The use of Research Computing (RC) resources is subject to the “ITS Privacy Policies, Computer Usage Regulations and Security Policy and RC Usage Policies & Guidelines“. When requesting an account on Information Technology Service Research Computing (ITSRC) facilities, all users have to agree to abide by these policies and guidelines.
Please follow the instructions below on how to apply an account for using the ITSRC facilities.
Access and Accounts
To access the research computing facilities (HPC/AI/HTC), you will need authorization.
Research project must be led by a full-time professoriate staff. The project Principal Investigator (PI) should apply a group account via ITS Form CF162. Once a project group has been created, and with approval of the PI, members of a PI’s research group may request individual user accounts under the group account. The PI is ultimately responsible for all use of research computing resources by members of the PI’s group.
Because of its focus on computational research conducted by faculty, research staff, postdocs, and graduate students, ITS RC provides only limited access to undergraduate students, most often when they are part of a PI’s research group. In unusual circumstances, undergraduate students may request use of RC resources for independent research under the oversight of a faculty sponsor/advisor.
- User can check if his/her research PI group account has been registered or not on the ITSRC PI group page. If the research group is not registered yet, project PI should submit ITS form CF162 to apply a PI group such that the research group members can apply individual user account under the group account.
- To apply for an individual user account, please fill in ITS form CF162b . PI needs to apply for an account too if he/she would like to access the facilities.
- Select the HPC/AI/HTC facility that you are going to apply. Each application form can apply for one system account only.
- User must provide the PI information (Name, HKU Email address, PI group name).
- Prepare and upload a powerpoint introduction on the research project (at least 5 pages) to explain the nature, significance and progress on the project, together with the reason that why computing resource in this RC system is required
- Submit the form with endorsement of the Project PI.